This will be Newport, Oregon’s 35th Annual Seafood & Wine Commercial Wine Competition and 44th Festival. Along with the fun of the Festival comes the competition of the finest of wines gathered from the Pacific Northwest. Our Commercial Wine Competition is judged by a panel of three judges who will award Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Best-In-Show Medals.
Judging will take place on February 6th & 7th, 2021. All results will be sent to all participants and press one week before the 2021 Seafood &Wine Festival.
Rules for Entry:
1. This competition is open to all bonded Pacific Northwest wineries. All wineries from Oregon, Washington, and Idaho are eligible to compete in this competition. There will be a limit to the first 250 entries received.
2. A winery may enter a maximum of three (3) wine entries.
3. Each entry will consist of: three (3) bottles of the particular wine (750ml; 375ml acceptable for dessert wine entries) along with $40.00 per entry.
4. Each entry must arrive at the Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce no later than February 3, 2021.
5. Entry can be filled out and paid for on this application.
6. Entrants must confirm that wines entered; conform to State and Federal regulations and standards, at least thirty (30) cases were produced.
7. Residual sugar information, if relevant, and appellation of wine must be indicated on each entrants application.
8. Previous Gold medal award winners, from our past competitions are excluded from this year’s competition.
9. Arrangements must be made by the winery to have wine entries sent to, delivered by a distributor, or delivered by an authorized agent to The Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce.
Due to the fact that there are so few wineries that will be directly involved in the festival in 2021, we wish to open the competition up to all Pacific Northwest wineries with a maximum of 250 entries total.
All medal winners will be showcased on our website and during our 2021 Seafood & Wine Festival Virtual Experience.
The Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce looks forward to receiving your application and wine to participate in this renowned wine competition. In order to participate, we will need your entries to arrive by the due date. Please make sure your entries are received by the Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce NO LATER THAN 5:00 p.m. on February 3, 2021.
If you have any questions please contact Bobbi Price at the Greater Newport Chamber 541-265-8801 or email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your interest in the Newport Seafood & Wine Commercial Wine Competition.