Position Open: Chamber of Commerce Executive Director:
The Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization comprised of business professionals who have joined together for the purpose of promoting the civic and commercial progress of our community.
The Greater Newport Chamber has a major impact on local businesses, income, and future growth of the area.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce, and acts as the primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, media and general public.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors
Board Governance: Works with the board to fulfill the organizations mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Responsible for leading the chamber in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function property and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develop resources necessary to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support the chamber’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the chamber, including submission to the Board a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring, supervision, and retention of staff.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Enhancement of the chamber’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the chamber’s Mission
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues
- Oversight on all existing programs.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, business or related fields is preferred. 5 years of comparable experience in business, community, and organizational leadership, may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Experience in event planning and management, Fundraising, and marketing.
- Knowledge of business operations and practices; ability to understand and interact with businesses of all sizes and industries.
- Supervisory experience in leading, delegating, motivating and team building.
- Proven leadership skills, diplomatic, self-motivated, analytical and has a clear understanding of the vital role the chamber plays in supporting and enhancing the business community
- Demonstrates excellence in public speaking, presentation, communication and writing abilities
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
Salary: Depends on Experience and includes benefit package. Exempt position.
How to Apply:
Applicants must provide a cover letter, a resume to include three professional references, and business writing sample that describes the candidates’ thoughts about the future development and activities with which the Chamber should be involved.
Application materials should be emailed to email@example.com No phone calls please. Application deadline: 5/09/2022 5:00pm